HONORARY COMMANDER KRISTI HILBERT
PRINT | E-MAIL
Kristi and her husband Brad started their companies in November of 2009 and have seen consistent growth of 30% annually. Applying her vast corporate marketing experience and out of the box thinking, Kristi is able to continually generate new opportunities for their businesses. In addition to providing opportunities for their business to grow, Kristi's efforts serve a dual role in supporting the local Pittsburgh Community, particularly our local military. Kristi serves as the Director of the Heroes Support Network, a newly created virtual community center that links the over 500,000 veterans, active duty and reserve military service members in Pittsburgh with the local business and civilian communities. She was the chairman of the committee of the Air Force Community Partnership that developed the idea from it's inception, through fundraising and development and now volunteers her time to run the network, fostering it's growth and use within the Pittsburgh Community.
Giving back is an important part of Kristi's business plan. She founded the Bridges Kids Club, which consists of a group of over 100 children ages 4-19 who volunteer for various services projects throughout the year in support of other children in the Pittsburgh Community. Kids Club Members must earn funding by doing extra chores or performing random acts of kindness for others, then utilize their earnings toward the projects they participate in. For example, this month the Kids Club will host of 300 military service members from every branch of the service and their families for their 2nd Annual Operation Santa Military Family Carnival. Kids Club Members are paired with a military child's santa wishlist and earn up to $25 to purchase a gift from the list. They are then able to present the gift themselves at the carnival so they can experience the joy a military child has from their efforts. Kids Club members also volunteer their time for the day to run the carnival. Other Kids Club projects throughout the year include Easter Bunny Airlines - where members stuffed over 4,000 Easter Eggs for use at local Military Base and Domestic Violence shelter Easter events, Halloween Candy Drives for various organizations and several others.
2011 Couple For The Cure, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
2015/2016 Honorary Commander, Air Force 911th Air Lift Wing & Pittsburgh Airport Area Chamber of Commerce
2015 Warrior Service Award, Association of the United States Army
2015 BusinessWomen First Award, Pittsburgh Business Times.
Philanthropic & Community Support:
· Director, Heroes Support Network, Heroes Supporting Heroes 501c(3)
· Consultant for Stack Up.org, Military 501c(3) providing 21st century deployment support
· Committee Chairman, Air Force Community Partnership, 911th Air Lift Wing
· Co-Chair, Military Affairs Committee, Pittsburgh Area Airport Chamber of Commerce
· Member, Education & Scholarship Committees, Pittsburgh Area Airport Chamber of Commerce
· Founder, Bridges Kids Club -"Kids Helping Kids" Teaching The Next Generation The Importance of Giving to Others
· Currently working to assist in upgrade of Pittsburgh Airport Military Family Courtesy Center - soliciting new sponsors and support for the project
· Assisted in planning of first Pittsburgh Military Ball in Nov 2015 and Steel City Salutes The Troops event in Point State Park following the Veteran's Day Parade.
· Annually hosts multiple fundraising events in support of various not for profit organizations and causes.
Kristi and her husband Brad, were high school sweethearts and have been married for 16 years. Tighter they have 3 sons (Alex age 14, Nick age 11 and Kam age 2.) Kristi has served on her sons elementary school PTA Board for 8 years, as a Board Member of her son's youth soccer club for 5 years and a volunteer for her son's travel baseball club.