Crime Prevention Month
By Airman 1st Class Bethany Kobily, 911th Airlift Wing Public Affairs
/ Published October 15, 2016
PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AIR RESERVE STATION, Pa. --
To raise awareness for Crime Prevention Month, the 911th Security Forces Squadron had a table set up during lunch on Oct. 15, 2016 at the dining facility at the 911th Airlift Wing.
The table, designed to educate wing members on how to prevent themselves from becoming a victim to crime, was put together by Tech. Sgt. Kayla O’Neill, police services manager with the 911th SFS.
Besides calling security forces immediately at 412-474-8250 if you see a crime happening on base, here are a few tips on how to avoid becoming a victim of crime:
- Always have a wingman.
- Break routine as much as possible.
- Avoid traveling in uniform.
- Be street smart and avoid poorly lit areas.
- Invest in a home security system.
- Secure your home internet to avoid being hacked.
- Install antivirus programs on electronic devices.
- Create strong and secure passwords for your accounts.