|COLONEL CRAIG C. PETERS|
Colonel Craig C. Peters is the commander of the 911th Airlift Wing, Pittsburgh International Airport Air Reserve Station, Coraopolis, Pa. As installation commander, he is the senior officer responsible for the wing organization, which includes authorized manning of 1,263 Air Force Reserve members and approximately 500 civilian employees (including more than 184 dual-status Air Reserve Technicians).
Colonel Peters recently served as the Operation Group commander at the 910th Airlift Wing in Youngstown, Ohio and in his career he has also served as a C-17, C-5 evaluator and instructor pilot. He has held positions at the squadron, group, numbered Air Force, and headquarters level and is a command pilot who has accumulated more than 6,800 hours, to include more than 250 combat flying hours. The colonel has flown in every operational conflict since Operation Desert Storm.
1989 Bachelor's Business Administration, Anna Maria College, Paxton, Mass. (Cum Laude)
1995 NATO Staff Officer Course (In Residence), Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
1998 Air Force Advanced Instrument School, Randolph AFB, Texas
1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (In Residence)
2004 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence)
2005 AMC Senior Officer Tactics Course, USAF Expeditionary Center, Ft. Dix NJ.
2006 Aircraft Mishap Investigators Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2006 Reserve Officer National Security Course, Washington, D.C. (In Residence)
2006 AMC Senior Officer Tactics Course, USAF Expeditionary Center, Ft. Dix, N.J.
2009 Masters Strategic Studies degree, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (In Residence)
2008 Advanced Air Mobility Operations Course, USAF Expeditionary Center, Ft. Dix N.J.
2011 Maintenance Course for Operational Commanders (MCOC), Sheppard AFB, Texas
2011 USAF Incident Managers Course, Youngstown ARS, Ohio
2011 Safety & Accident Investigation Board President Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2011 Joint Air & Space Operations Senior Staff Course. Hurlburt AFB, Fla.
1. April 1984 - December 1989, Electronic Warfare System Specialist, 104th Fighter Wing, Massachusetts Air National Guard, Mass.
2. January 1990 - February 1991, student, undergraduate pilot training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. February 1991 - December 1995, C-5 flight instructor, chief aircrew training, squadron scheduler, 337th Airlift Squadron, Westover ARB, Mass.
4. December 1995 - March 1997, C-5 examiner pilot, strategic airlift operations officer, headquarters 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
5. March 1997 - May 2000, C-17 examiner pilot, chief aircrew training, squadron scheduler, 701st Airlift Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
6. May 2000 - November 2002, C-17 examiner pilot, chief C-17 flight standards, Headquarters 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
7. November 2002 - May 2003, C-17 examiner pilot, command chief C-17 flight examiner, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. May 2003 - September 2004, C-17 examiner pilot, assistant chief pilot, Headquarters 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
9. September 2004 - July 2008, C-17 Aircraft Operations Officer, 732 Airlift Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
10. July 2008 - May 2009, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. Apr 2009 - May 2012, Commander, 910th Operations Group, Youngstown/Warren Regional Airport, Air Reserve Station, Ohio
12. May 2012 - present, Commander, 911th Airlift Wing, Pittsburgh International Airport Air Reserve Station, Pa.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight Hours: 6,850
Aircraft Flown: T-41, T-37, T-38, C-5, C-17, C-130, B727, MD-88
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with Two Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Medal with One Oak Leaf Cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with One Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Five Oak Leaf Clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with Seven Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with One Oak Leaf Cluster
National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with Bronze Star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with Bronze Star
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal with Bronze Star
Humanitarian Service Medal with Two Bronze Stars
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
AF Longevity Service with Four Oak Leaf Clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with 4 'M' devices and Hour Glass
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Rifle)
AF Training Ribbon with One Oak Leaf Cluster
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Air Force Association
Reserve Officers Association
Veterans of Foreign Wars
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant December 21, 1989
First Lieutenant January 29, 1992
Captain August 4, 1994
Major July 14, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel August 18, 2005
Colonel February 13, 2010
(Current as of May 2012)