|COLONEL JEFFREY T. PENNINGTON|
COLONEL JEFFREY T. PENNINGTON
Colonel Jeffrey T. Pennington is the commander of the 911th Airlift Wing, Pittsburgh International Airport Air Reserve Station, Coraopolis, Pa. As installation commander, he is the senior officer responsible for the wing organization, which includes authorized manning of 1,263 Air Force Reserve members and approximately 320 civilian employees (including more than 184 dual-status Air Reserve Technicians).
Col. Pennington completed undergraduate pilot training at Williams Air Force Base, Ariz., in 1989, and was initially assigned to the 344th Air Refueling Squadron at Seymour-Johnson AFB, N.C., flying the KC-10's and T-38's. While stationed there, he deployed supporting Operations: DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM, PROUD RETURN, PROVIDE COMFORT, RESTORE HOPE and DESERT STRIKE. Col. Pennington joined the Air Force Reserve in 1997 as an Air Reserve Technician initially serving in the 70th ARS, Travis AFB, Calif. In May 2001, he was selected as the director of operations for the 70th ARS. During his tenure, he coordinated, deployed and supported his unit's participation in OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM and OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. In January 2007 Col. Pennington assumed command of the 452nd Operations Group located at March ARB, Calif remaining there until October of 2010 when he assumed command of the 911th Airlift Wing in Pittsburgh, Pa.
1988 Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
1995 Squadron Officer's School, distinguished graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Air Command and Staff, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (correspondence)
2005 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (correspondence)
2010 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va
1. 1988 - 1989, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 99th Flight Training Squadron, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. 1989 - 1989, pilot, KC-10, 344th Air Refueling Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
3. 1989 - 1991, Stan/Evaluation liaison officer, 344th ARS, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
4. 1991 - 1992, aircraft commander, KC-10A, 344th ARS, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
5. 1992 - 1993, instructor aircraft commander, 344th ARS, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
6. 1993 - 1994, Stan/Evaluation aircraft commander, 744th ARS, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
7. 1994 - 1995, Standardization/Evaluation aircraft commander, 9th ARS, Travis AFB, Calif.
8. 1995 - 1997, CCTS instructor aircraft commander, 60th Operations Support Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
9. 1997 - 2001, aircraft operations officer, 70th ARS, Travis AFB, Calif.
10. 2001 - 2007, operations officer, 70th ARS, Travis AFB, Calif.
11. 2007 - 2010, commander, 452d Operations Group, March ARB, Calif.
12. 2010 - present, commander, 911th Airlift Wing, Pittsburgh International Airport Air Reserve Station, Pa.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: Over 5,000
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, KC-10A, C-17
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit with "V" device and seven oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
National Defense Medal w/Bronze Star Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three stars
Humanitarian Service Medal w/Star
Air Force Expeditionary Service with gold border and oak leaf cluster
Kuwait Liberation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant August 12, 1988
First Lieutenant August 12, 1990
Captain August 12, 1992
Major August 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel September 30, 2004
Colonel February 22, 2008
(Current as of December 2010)